My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Book Review: Bloodfever (Fever #2), by Karen Marie Moning

Bloodfever
Karen Marie Moning

In the 2nd installment of the Fever series, we find Mac still at the bookstore, still paired with Barrons, still out to avenge her sister's death, and still looking for the Book. The list of Mac's enemies are growing, including a group of sidh-seers, and one of those enemies has come back from the dead seeking revenge.

I like Mac so much better in this book. She's starting to peel away that glam exterior, she's starting to grow up, she's starting to think about more than herself and her hair and her clothes and her nails. While I like Mac better, Mac doesn't necessarily like herself better, and we see glimmers of the old Mac trying to push through. That's okay...no one changes overnight.

Unfortunately, for me, the total first half of this book was fairly mundane. Nothing significant happens, and I found myself hoping and praying we'd get a little action, some kind of substance to carry through what I considered a tedious start.

However, with that being said, the ending was riveting. Mac finds herself in a position where no one can save her from death. She finds herself in a very dark place with no strong male to save her. Not this time. And in order to save herself, she dips a toe into the dark side. Her purity is dilluted.

While on the brink of death, Mac learns what she's made of, and it's not glittery nails and pink skirts. There's another Mac inside her, and she's coming out.

No comments: