My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Book Review: The Iron Daughter, by Julie Kawaga

The Iron Daughter
Julie Kawaga

Picking up a sequel to a book is like putting on favorite, fuzzy slippers; or better yet, it's like seeing old friends after a long absence. They're comfy, you know them well, and they give your the warm fuzzies. Reading the Iron Daughter gave me that same feeling.

Meghan, Ash and Puck are all back, though the situations have changed. Meghan and Ash are at odds, and Puck and Meghan get closer than ever.

Being that I'm Team Ash, I kinda missed him for the chunk of the book that he was MIA, but I love how he comes back!

We meet new characters, all richly drawn and developed. New twists are revealed, and our characters stayed true to their roles from the first book. There's betrayal, there's love, there's action, and there are wicked fey all over the place.

The book starts with action and maintains its momentum throughout. This is a very good sequel to a very good first book.

No comments: