My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Book Review: Katie's Hellion, by Lizzy Ford

Katie's Hellion
Lizzy Ford


Initial Thoughts: Even amidst confusion, I want Rhyn!

My Rating: 4 Stars!
Summary:
Katie didn't send her boyfriend to Hell, but she's going there to bust him out!

Katie thinks she’s going crazy when a baby angel and death’s personal assistant appear on her doorstep. Both claim she’s destined for something great. If she can survive, that is. She’s drawn into a world filled with immortals like Rhyn, an outcast who claims her as his mate in a show of defiance to his brothers. Katie rescues Rhyn from Hell, and he discovers fast just how special his little human is. With Death counting his days on one hand, Rhyn must learn to love, before his own time is up and Katie becomes the first human casualty in the brewing war between immortals.

Will the love between a gifted young woman and an immortal outcast save the world-- or destroy it?

My Thoughts:
This started out slow and confusing for me. I never quite got the feel of all the relationships between some of the characters...history between individuals that never quite had the dots fully connected. But as the story continues, boy does it pick up speed.

Katie is one of those great heroine characters. Spunky and sassy and ready to punch out any demon's lights. The slow path to hell...or insanity...is so clear, and you easily believe her struggles in dealing and comprehending this whole 'nother world unfolding at her feet.

And Rhyn? What can I say other than one of those bad-misunderstood-boys who's broken and defiant and you just can't help rooting for. You literally want to save this guy...or take him to bed. (wink)

All hell's broken loose...and you do not want to miss watching this show close up! This is on my series-to-keep reading list!

No comments: