My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book Review: The Darkest Whisper, by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld)
Gena Showalter



Okay, #4 in the series reveals the torment of Sabin, Keeper of the demon Doubt. I wasn't sure about this one coming into the book, because Sabin wasn't really a big player in the previous books, and I was all like, Sabin who? I 'doubted' (yuck, yuck, yuck) whether I could get into this character.

Here's the thing: my favorite book of the series so far (maybe that's a little lie...I really dug the first one, too). Ms. Showalter whips up an another immortal character, Gwen, to tame this demon. I loved Gwen! I loved Gwen's sisters! These characters are nearly as fun as Anya.

I could go on and on about Ms. Showalter's brilliant writing prowess, but I've said it all before (like, 3 times already) and I'm going to start boring *myself* if I keep ranting on that level. So just let it be known that this book doesn't fail in that area. It's as good as it gets.

What makes this book so *fun* is the rocking twists. I love twists. Twists make me beg for more, more, more! I also love seeing how Ms. Showalter comes up with these ladies who have the power to tame these demons. Since each demon is unique to his demon, and lady-love must be uniquely tailored to enhance that demon. I have to keep reading the series just to see who she comes up with next!

Another solid read in the sexy, steamy, paranormal genre.

No comments: