My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nothing is as Constant as Change

I've been thinking. Sometimes that's a good thing; sometimes it's not. When it comes to writing--or re-writing--it usually means a lot of extra work.

Anyway, I was thinking about books that I like, the ones that make you snap to attention. The ones that make you gasp, "OMG! I didn't see that coming!" You know, the ones that make an impression on you such that you recount the storyline again and again.

I was thinking of my latest work, Kiss Me Dead. It's already been proof-read, edited, and been called a wrap. But then I got to thinking.

Would this book make an impact on the reader? The answer to my own question was a shrug.

So I got to thinking. How could I make an impact?

The biggest impact, of course, would be to change the ending. Make the ending into a never-saw-that-coming kind of ending.

And I know just how to do it. It's an ending I toyed with when I wrote the novel, but it was an ending I wasn't quite brave enough to write. Then I got to thinking; if I wrote that alternate ending, I bet most readers would never see it coming.

Guess what I'm thinking now?

No comments: