My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: hush, hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick

hush, hush
Becca Fitzpatrick

Nora and Vee have been best friends since birth, but that friendship is stretched when Patch comes to town. Patch is tall, dark and dangerous, and Nora feels inexplicably drawn to him, even when he's stalking her, even when Vee insists that it's Patch trying to kill Nora...even when Nora starts to believe it.

I approached this book with a little trepidation, since I'd read some scathing reviews about the relationship between Nora and Patch. I'm glad to say that I didn't find that I agreed with those accusations...at least in book one.

The characters are alive, especially Vee. You have to love Vee's hyper, on-the-edge personality. Patch is sexy, dangerous, and all bad boy. If you like the bad boys, you will not be disappointed and please, try not to lick the pages of your book. Nora is a go-with-the flow type of character; she doesn't do anything spectacular in this story, or go through any kind of growth. But on a 10 point scale, her loyalty to her friends is a 10. You can't fault that in a character. I can live with that kind of flat main character when you have characters like Patch and Vee who, in my opinion, carry the story.

There is some darn good writing here; the plot is active, suspenseful, and doesn't waste a moment or a word. I was hooked, and will move on with the rest of the series.

No comments: