My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Book Review: Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo
Becca Fitzpatrick


Rating: 4

The 2nd installment in the Hush, Hush series, we find Nora and Patch taking his new angel status in stride. But things don't stay rosy for long. In fact, it doesn't take long until things head south, way down south, so far south it tears Nora and Patch apart. But Rixon and Vee are there for Nora, big-time. And someone from Nora's past knocks on her door.


The book starts on a happy note, but doesn't stay that way for long. Patch is unchanging, it seems. But Nora, hmmm, I don't know what to say. She seemed clingy, over-dramatic, and quick to jealous fits. She's everything that I don't like in women. There were times when I was like, "Patch! Dump her! She's baggage!"

The plot was good, but it was over-shadowed by my increasing annoyance with Nora. Unfortunately, if it weren't for Nora, I'd give this book 5 stars, but instead it drops to a 4. Otherwise very, very good book; great plot, great writing and, other than Nora, great characters.

No comments: