My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review: La Luxure, by C.D. Hussey

La Luxure, by C.D. Hussey

La Luxure is about Julia, a conservative engineer who is never quite satisfied in her life, her romance, or her job. She is rather envious of her sister's "freedom" to live more on the edge. On a business trip to New Orleans, Julia is immersed in the culture and ambience of the city's darker side, and feels an inexplicable pull to give in to her dark impulses. The end result surprises not only Julia, but is a treat for the reader as well.

La Luxure's steamier sex scenes is a no-no for young readers, but adults will easily be seduced and pulled along for the "ride". There is a major twist at the end, and I didn't know whether to be disappointed that everything wasn't as it seemed, mad that I'd been fooled, or confused (I mean, I got the ending, but I kept turning the pages waiting for that "ha ha! fooled you again!" moment). In the end, I could only applaud, because there is nothing I like more than thinking I know how a book's going to end and being totally wrong.

This author's writing style is fluid and a pleasure to read. The author depicted the visuals of the city well enough that there is no question of the setting. I gave this book a 5 star rating for its entertainment value alone! This one goes in the "recommend" column.

No comments: